The Residency Experience
The William & Mary Online MBA residency is a unique and defining element of the program that allows you to expand your knowledge and grow your professional network in a new environment. You and your classmates will have the opportunity to meet each other and your faculty on the historic William & Mary campus in Williamsburg, Virginia.
Held twice a year, these Friday-Sunday events include speakers, experiential activities and networking events for an intensive face-to-face experience with your classmates. You’ll also have the chance to meet with our Executive Partners (EPs), a select group of retired professionals who volunteer their time and mentorship advice to all Mason School students. The conference-style residencies cover core business topics such as leadership, finance and marketing, as well as current events and global issues. As a student, you are invited to attend all residency offerings, though you only need to attend one to meet the one-credit program requirement.
At a Glance
During your residency experience, you can expect to:
- Experience a number of William & Mary traditions firsthand
- Meet your program classmates and faculty members face to face
- Learn from guest speakers as they share their expertise on a variety of relevant business issues
- Attend workshops, panel discussions and case studies designed to enhance your online learning experience
- Participate in engaging dialogue with industry leaders on topics that reach beyond what’s covered in the classroom (crisis communications, ethics in business, etc.)
- Strengthen your relationships with your classmates through valuable in-person interaction and collaboration
- Expand your network by forming connections with accomplished business professionals throughout the residency period
Residency Weekend Snapshot
Here’s an example agenda of an Online MBA residency weekend: